"Aaaaaaaaaas youuuuuuuuuu wiiiiiiiiiiiish!"
|Okay, so I get a D- for presentation, but it tasted really good!|
Lo and behold. This chicken was delicious. It was even still pretty damned good re-heated. The recipe is super easy, but here's what I did differently:
- I am out of garlic powder, so I used onion powder. And I am just-now-as-I-type remembering that I have fresh garlic in the cabinet. Fail.
- I don't usually keep stuffing on hand unless I'm planning to make meatloaf, so I used Kroger brand Italian breadcrumbs instead. They worked perfectly.
- I did not make two pounds of chicken. I'm only feeding two adults and one adolescent girl with a questionable appetite (except when she's sneaking and killing bags of chips behind my back), so I just made one pound.
- I didn't measure anything but the butter. I just slapped some sour cream on there, nice and thick, and then carefully poured the breadcrumbs over it.
- I did not cook this for an hour. My oven cooks fast anyway, so I always plan to check things well before the recipe indicates. The chicken was absolutely perfect in 30 minutes.
In conclusion, I will definitely be making this recipe again, and I suggest you do, too.