Friday, July 27, 2012

Simplifying Life with Kids

"There are no rules in this house. I'm not like a regular mom. I'm a cool mom. Right, Regina?"


*I plan to get the post about my final week of the "4 Weeks" program up this weekend. Again, it's been a busy week and those take awhile to put together. But it's pretty close to finished, so it should be up before Monday. Try to contain your excitement.

Bug and Bear, adoring each other.
I've recently discovered The Complete Guide to Imperfect Homemaking in my continued quest to read every blog ever started. She has a terrific (and apparently well-shared) post entitled "99 Ways to Simplify Life with Kids". And she should know—she and her husband have five, with a sixth on the way!

So I feel like she probably has some authority on the subject. Like the time my friend Angie met the Duggars and Mama D gave her advice about how to soothe a child's bug bites. Like, are you really going to question Michelle Duggar on something like that? I think not.

So anyway, back to the list. As we're all aware, I effing love lists. I also love this process of simplifying our lives. So a plan which marries the two? SIGN MY SHIT UP.

We already do some of these things. I've found numbers 3, 6-7, 12, 15, 20, 31-32, 41-42, 58 (seriously—Bug is obsessed), 89, and 96 particularly useful in our home.

We're actively working on numbers 13-16, 24, 27 (so hard for me!), 28-32, 39, 45-46, 61 (again, SO hard for this control freak), 63, 68-71, 87, 88, 91 (okay, I've done this ONCE, but I have plans to do it more often), and 97-98.

There are several on the list that I've never even considered but will now. And then there are those that just don't suit our particular family at this particular point in our lives well, and that's okay, too. With 99 to work with, it's okay not to adopt every single tip as legislation.

What stands out to you on Kelly's list? Anything you've found particularly rewarding or that you think might work well for your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment