Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Iraq and Such As

"It's a factorial, so you multiply each one by N."


No, despite the title, this is not a political post. I am so sick of politics I could vomit up a copy of the Bill of Rights. I just love that adorable, simple little Miss South Carolina. And I expect that partial quote in the title makes about as much sense as the rest of this post will, so it seemed fitting. 

I have five or six posts partially written and in draft form right now, but all of them feel too exhausting to finish. So rather than give a half-ass post that could actually be interesting to read if given the proper attention, I'll give a quarter-ass post that at least knows where it stands. Which is in the crap pile.

It's just really hard to be "on" on demand. I sit down and think, "Okay, brain. Be funny. And....go!" and I end up with a recipe post because I'm so tired and the small hole in my t-shirt has somehow grown in the past ten minutes and I'm just really, really hoping that the yellowy-greenish mark on the bed sheet is...well, anything but poop. Anything. And the funny just isn't there.

Bear's "first day of school" pic. 'Cause this is how we roll now.
So instead of even attempting to be "on" tonight, Wednesday, August 29, 2012, I'll just say that things are well. Homeschool is going well (I have actual evidence of learning, and it's NOT a standardized test!), Bug is growing up beautifully and healthfully, Husband is adjusting to first shift after fourteen years on off-shifts, and I'm doing un-spotted back handsprings on a soft mat with little to no fear. Our life is beautiful, and I try really hard to remind myself of that (out loud, in front of my family) when I feel the urge to scream at the sky because someone cut me off in traffic or I'm running six minutes late to an appointment.

Those are the top notes in my special, aromatic blend of effing crazy. What's yours?

I have every intention of posting a real, legitimate update on how our homeschooling is going so far, but that post will take time and I want to give it its proper due. Like I said, it IS going well and we're having fun, but I want to talk about it in more detail when I'm in the right mindset to do it justice.

If you've made it this far into this friggin' mess, thanks, and I hope you're soaking up the last few weeks of summer with every pore and every breath. I LOVE fall, but I hate what follows, so I always get this really weird sadness when I feel summer ending. And Pinterest is making it way worse because I see all the pretty clothes and they get me excited about fall weather until I remember that I don't actually HAVE any of them.

StOOpid Pinterest.

Whatever. Go outside and take a deep, consuming breath. Try not to suck in a bug. And leave your phone or laptop in the house. That's my advice for the day.

Peace.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear there is evidence of learning...LOL

    ReplyDelete