Friday, June 1, 2012

Klean Kanteens

"Could I get a bottle of water? Hey, aren't you Peter La Fleur!?"


In our slow-yet-ongoing effort to reduce our exposure to nasty shit, we decided that we needed to invest in better water bottles. Namely, in Klean Kanteens.

Daddy, Mommy, Bug, Bear
Now you all know how I feel about forced alliteration, especially of the "K" variety (I'm looking at you, Kardashians), but I've decided that this brand is one of the likely few exceptions. The bottles are stainless steel, partially dishwasher safe (the painted bottles are not, but the caps are), and frankly, super cute. There's no krap in them which will give me The Cancer. And they make insulated varieties if you want to carry hot liquids or prevent cold ones from sweating.

Well, ours came yesterday, and I'm super excited. We got one for Bug some time ago from Park +Vine, but as much as I love to support local businesses, we got a multi-purchase discount and free shipping through the website. And I didn't have to drive/park in Cincy.

The verdict? We love them! Even though the ones we have aren't dishwasher safe, they're not hard to clean. I had sweet tea in mine the other day and I just rinsed it out with some soap and hot water a few times. Easy-peasy. The cap is fine in the dishwasher.

I'll probably eventually get an insulated bottle for my coffee, but for now I'm happy with my Earth-friendly, chemical-free water bottle. Even if it does engage in alliteration abuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment