Friday, March 23, 2012

One of My Most Favorite, Easy Dinners

"Sonny, true love is the greatest thing, in the world—except for a nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, where the mutton is nice and lean and the tomato is ripe...they're so perky. I love that."

Not for the vegetarian or vegan set. Unless you alter it, which you totally can. But here's how I do it.

Ingredients:

1 pound of Laura's Lean Beef
1 box of Near East Rice Pilaf
1 Tbs. organic butter or olive oil
Seasoned salt or Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil, & Garlic seasoning blend


Begin preparing the rice according
to the box instructions.














Season and brown the beef while you wait for the rice water to boil.


Add the (drained) browned beef to the rice at the beginning of the "reduce heat to low and simmer..." step on the rice box.
Let it cook together for 20 minutes or so.






I like to serve it with croissants. Husband likes to roll his up in a tortilla.



This is so, so yum, and super easy. It's a great, filling meal to throw together in a half hour if you have thawed beef on hand. You could totally sub in beans, though. I'd love to add onions and even mushrooms, but Husband and Spazz are lame and don't like them, so unless I saute them separately for myself, they're out. :(






3 comments:

  1. This looks really yummy. I could totally do it with meatless meat crumbles or this yummy flavored tofu from TJ. Or yes, beans. That's my fav sub for beef. Lots of things would be good. What's the rice pilaf flavor like? Also, that Mrs. Dash seasoning sounds yummy! I've never seen it. This is like Hamburger Helper for adults, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite boxed rice in the world. It reminds me of fried rice, which I love. It tastes like delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, fair enough. Adding it to my list.

    ReplyDelete